When you think about Walt Disney World I bet you think about it as a perfect vacation spot for families with children. Which is very true. But it’s also the perfect destination for couples, and many couples (myself and my husband included) choose to spend their honeymoons there.
Disney World for Adults
Here are three reasons why Disney World makes the perfect vacation destination for adults travelling without children.
1. Romantic Resort Options
There are numerous Resorts to choose from and for an adults only vacation I’d recommend a Deluxe Resort for a real sense of luxury.
My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so it has a special place in our hearts. There is just something quite magical about spending a quiet hour or two sitting on your balcony just enjoying the peace and quiet and watching the safari animals roam around.
The Polynesian has white sandy beaches and hammocks where you can laze with a perfect view of the Cinderella Castle.
And for the ultimate in grandeur you should stay at the Grand Floridan, for turn of the century elegance you just wouldn’t expect to find at a theme park hotel.
2. Romantic Dining Options
You might think that the only food options at Disney World are hot dogs and fries, but you’d be mistaken. There are more than 100 restaurants to choose from in the Walt Disney World Resort, many of them have world class chefs, and some are extremely romantic places to dine.
You could enjoy a meal together at the California Grill which is on the very top floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. If you make your dining reservation to coincide with the Wishes Spectacular you can walk out onto the balcony and watch the fireworks display in all it’s glory over the Cinderella Castle. It’s a pretty amazing view.
For the ultimate dining experience though you need to make reservations at Victoria and Albert’s over at the Grand Floridian. This is the only restaurant where children are not welcomed, and guests are required to wear a dinner jacket or dress. You’ll enjoy an intimate two hour dining experience with butler service and a personalised menu!
3. Enjoy the Disney World Resort by Day
Here are some ideas for activities you can enjoy during your stay at the Resort:
- Play a round of golf at one of the Championship courses
- Enjoy a massage or beauty treatment at the spa
- Relax in the pool
- Hire a Surrey Bike or even a boat and explore the Resort by land or water
- Stroll around the stores at Downtown Disney, enjoy the evening entertainment or a meal in one of the many restaurants
- Go horse riding at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Wander through the walking treks at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and stop and talk to the Cast Members about the animals
- Explore Epcot’s World Showcase, taking the time to seek out the real hidden gems in each pavilion, and talking to the Cast
- Members about their home countries.
- Spend a day being a kid again and enjoying all the magic on offer at the Magic Kingdom!
- Sample local delicacies from around the world at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival
If you’re always thought that Disney World is just a place for kids then I hope I’ve managed to change your mind. It’s a wonderful vacation destination for adults too, whether you’re looking for peace and tranquility, romance or you secretly want to be a kid again and spend your day riding roller coasters!
- 44 Insanely Useful Things to Pack for Your Disney Vacation
- The Smart Mom's List of What to Bring to Disney World Parks
- The Best Kept Secret Entrances to Disney World Parks
- 21 Fabulous Disney Autograph Book Ideas for Extra Magic!
- Vacation for Free! 4 Ways to Gift Card Your Way to Disney!
- How to Save Money for Your Disney World Vacation - $4500!
- 12 Totally Cute Matching Family Disney Shirts for Your Vacation
- 30 Awesome Road Trip Games for Kids You Need to See
The Best Disney World Guidebook
Researching your Disney vacation online is a brilliant thing to do, and we are so glad you are here reading our secrets.
But nothing beats a guidebook that you can read over and over before your trip and then throw in your suitcase so you have all of the information you need at your fingertips while you are on vacation.
This is the best paper guidebook whether it's your first trip or your hundredth trip, because it is regularly updated throughout the year so it has the most up to date information in it.
~Clare – currently pinning to All Things Disney!.