This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Zazzle Affiliate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
August Journaling Prompts
Today we have just the inspiration you need for journaling in August with these fun writing prompts.
1. List your personal and work goals for the month of August.
2. It is National Simplify Your Week. What can you do to celebrate it?
3. Have you tried any Marie Kondo strategies for clearing your clutter?
4. Find 10 things in your home you can donate or recycle, that you no longer need anymore.
5. What are the things that worry you the most?
6. This is sometimes the hottest day of the year. What can you do to cool off?
7. How do you prefer to spend your hot days?
8. What type of music do you love to listen to in the summer?
9. It is National Book Lover’s Day – what is your favorite book genre?
10. What is your favorite childhood book?
11. What types of books do you like to read now?
12. Write down a list of words that describe your day.
13. Draw a picture that makes you think of August.
14. Have you ever been to any summer concerts?
15. Meteor showers often happen around this time in August. Do you have any memories or experiences with them?
16. Make a word cloud about August.
17. What is a memory you have from this time of year?
18. Write a stream of consciousness journal entry today.
19. What is one thing you feel you are struggling with right now?
20. Imagine you were going to write a short story about a topic of your choosing. What is the first thing that comes to mind?
21. List 3 reasons you have not completed one of your top goals. What is holding you back?
22. What do you want to get done before summer is over?
23. Call up an old friend just to talk, then write about it.
24. Use this as a creative writing day. You choose the topic!
25. August usually means back to school. Write about something you’d love to learn how to do.
26. Did you enjoy going to school?
27. What was your favorite grade?
28. Did you have a favorite subject?
29. Fall is coming up – what are you looking forward to?
30. If you could do any one thing today, what would it be?
31. How has your August been?