From birthdays to baby showers, housewarming to get well soon, and even PTA fundraisers these DIY gift baskets are total show stoppers!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
How to Make DIY Gift Baskets for Any Occasion
If you want to put together a truly unique gift for a friend or family member you can’t go wrong with a DIY gift basket.
It’s the best way to put together some thoughtful and unique items to show them how much you care.
And gift baskets can be used for any and all occasions too, from birthdays and Christmas to Baby Showers and housewarmings, and of course Mother’s and Father’s Day and as get well soon care packages.
Oh and don’t forget welcoming a new neighbor!
These DIY ideas could also be used to put together the most amazing items for your PTA or other charity fundraisers.
Before we get onto the amazing inspiration here are some helpful tips and hacks to help you make the most fabulous homemade gift baskets!
What can I use instead of a basket for a gift basket?
The important thing to think about before you start collecting up the items is that you don’t actually need a basket to make a gift basket.
Oh no, you can be a lot more creative than that because we’ll show you how you can make a hamper without a basket!
The ideas I’ve collected up for you today will help you stretch your imagination so that your gift selection can be contained in a tackle box, a bucket, a mixing bowl, a pair of slippers and even a slow cooker!
How do you make a professional looking gift basket?
When you’re putting your “basket” together you’ll want to play around with the order of the contents so that the finished gift looks really stylish.
You’ll want something to put in the bottom of the baskets to help raise things up. It’s a good idea to use filler paper, which you can buy from Amazon or you could make some yourself by running some colored paper through your shredder!
Check out this quick video to see how to make your own gift baskets that look really professional!
How do you make a dollar tree basket?
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make a really cute gift basket to give to a friend or loved one. In fact, you can put together some pretty fabulous Dollar Tree gift baskets which are totally inexpensive.
Watch the quick video below to see how to put together a gift basket for less than $20.
If you want to make a gift basket for a raffle or an auction you can’t go wrong with Dollar Tree ideas so here’s some more for you!
DIY Gift baskets for all occasions
Now onto the ideas!
Info on this page:
- How to Make DIY Gift Baskets for Any Occasion
- What can I use instead of a basket for a gift basket?
- How do you make a professional looking gift basket?
- How do you make a dollar tree basket?
- DIY Gift baskets for all occasions
- What to add to a gift basket - a list of ideas
- Laundry basket baby shower gift
- Give the Gift of Coffee
- Garden Themed Silent Auction Basket
- Tackle Box Craft Kit
- A Cheer Up “Sunshine” Basket
- A Gift in a Tin: Christmas Baking Kit
- DIY New Baby Gift Baskets
- Perfect Pedicure Gift Basket
- A Gift In A Tin: Family Game Night In A Tin
- DIY Gift Basket for Men (Grill Master Edition)
- Happy Birthday in A Box!
- A Gift in a Tin: Winter Cold Survival Kit
- Pancake Breakfast Gift Basket
- Minibar in a Jar (an easy gift idea)
- Get Well Kit
- A Gift in a Tin: Craft Night in a Tin
- Breakfast Hostess Gift | Banana Bread and Honey Butter
- A Gift in a Tin: Spa Day in a Tin
- Gardener's Gift Basket - The Merrythought
- A Gift in a Tin: Ice Cream Sundaes in a Tin
- Baby Gift Basket
- An Easy End Of Year Teacher Appreciation Gift
- Gift Wrap Caddy
- Fun In The Sun End Of Year Teacher Gift
- Christmas Breakfast Easy Hostess Gift
- DIY Spa Gift Basket
- The Best Bridal Shower Gift For A Spring Wedding
- How To Curate The Perfect DIY Housewarming Gift Basket
- DIY Get Well Gift Basket
- New Neighbor Welcome Gift
- DIY College School Supplies Gift Basket
- DIY Spa Kit + Free Printable
- Summer Hostess Gift: Freshly Squeezed Lemonade
- DIY Mini Spa Kit
- Thanksgiving Gift Ideas: Caramel Apple Basket
- Housewarming Gift basket
- DIY Gift Idea: Sangria for Friends
- How to: Make the Perfect DIY Housewarming Basket
- How to Make a Gift Basket of Cheese, Nuts and Crackers
- Here's The Scoop Ice Cream Gift Basket
- College Survival Kit
- Teal Birthday Gift Idea for Friends
- Gift and fundraiser basket ideas
- Teacher Gift Idea: Now That The STRAIN is Over!
- Adult Easter Basket Inspiration
- Fall Themed Thank You Gift Idea