Do you need some ideas for frugal Christmas gifts that look amazing? I’ve just discovered gifts in a jar and seriously there are so many fabulous ideas you should spend an afternoon making some of these homemade Christmas gifts in a jar to show your loved ones how much you care (without breaking the budget!)
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
I found something for everyone, from food to beauty treatments so be sure to scroll all the way to the end so you don’t miss any of the bright ideas. And hit the save button on your favourites so you can find them again later!
Homemade Christmas Gifts in a Jar Ideas
- Apron in a Jar – Here’s the perfect gift for a friend who loves to sew, and cook. Everything she needs to make the cutest apron, all fit neatly in a jar.
- Mason Jar Christmas Gift Ideas and Christmas Tag Printable – Oh my how cute is this one, I love the little black belt to make the Mason Jar look like Santa.
- Snowman In A Jar Play Dough Kit – This one is perfect for little ones who love play dough; their very own Snowman in a jar!
- Dehydrated Salsa in a Jar – If you grow your own veggies then this is a wonderful gift in a jar for someone who loves salsa.
- Homemade Air Freshener – Do you have a friend who spends a fortune on air fresheners? Well this is the perfect gift for them, and so easy to make too, I’m going to make some extra to use here at home!
- Gingerbread Gift Jars – The ingredients for delicious gingerbread cookies make for a really simple jar gift. This is a great one for kids who have just discovered a love of baking. Why not pop a couple of jars in a basket with a gingerbread cutter so they’re all set to make those tasty little people!
- Hot Cocoa Mix – This hot cocoa mix in a jar looks amazing, especially with the teeny tiny marshmallows in the top. The recipe is in Bulgarian, and was translated into English in my browser. If it’s not in yours then you can find an English translation right here.
- Spa in a Jar – This is a great gift idea for a teenage girl. Take some trial sized beauty products and fill a jar with them.
- DIY Scented Candle – Have you seen how much they charge for scented candle jars in the stores these days? It’s ludicrous! If you’re on a tight budget this Christmas hop on over to this post to see how you can make your own scented candles for a fraction of the price.
- How To Give The Gift Of Peanut Butter Blondies – Here’s another great foodie gift in a jar, perfect for a friend who can’t get enough of peanut butter blondies.
- Festive Star Shaped Pretzels in a Jar – These star shaped pretzels just scream Christmas and are so much nicer than just plain old pretzels in a jar.
- Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe! Just like Mary Kay’s Satin Hands! – Know someone who loves Mary Kay’s Satin Hands sugar scrub? Well they are going to love you just a little bit more when they unwrap this gift. And you’ll be shocked to discover it only has two ingredients!
- DIY Mint Sugar Scrub – I’m not sure why mint green reminds me of Christmas but that’s why this Mint Sugar Scrub jumped out at me. And it’s super easy to make too.
- Whipped Peppermint Bark Body Butter – Oh my this Whipped Peppermint Bark Body Butter looks good enough to eat, so make sure you include clear directions that it’s for external use only!
- Oatmeal Honey Face Scrub – I picked out this face scrub because it’s almost golden and would look so elegant in the right jar.
- Easy Handmade Soaps – Here’s a fabulous idea for a tween girl to make for her friends. Who wouldn’t want to receive a jar filled to the brim of these beautiful soaps?
- DIY Christmas Tree Repurposed Jar Snow Globes – Have you seen those Mason Jar Snow Globes in Anthropologie? You know the ones with the cute Christmas trees inside that you really want to take home until you see they cost $28 a jar? Well here’s how to make your own for a fraction of the price, and what wonderful gifts they’ll make too.
- How to make Cinnamon Bath Salts – Nothing quite says Christmas like the smell of cinnamon, and these festive scented bath salts will make a wonderful gift for a friend who loves to relax in the bath.
- Photos in a Jar – This would just be the most wonderful gift for a grandparent.
- Pedi in a Jar – This would make the perfect Christmas gift, or Hostess gift, or even something the girls could use at a slumber party.
- Pressed Herb Candles – Here’s another candle in a jar gift, but how beautiful does it look with those pressed herbs inside?
- DIY Cupcake Sugar Scrub Bars – I’m finishing up the list with another skincare item that looks good enough to eat. I didn’t believe these cupcakes weren’t edible!
Gifts in a Jar Supplies
Here are some of the things you’ll need for your jar gifts, click through to the individual posts to see the specific supplies.
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more great stuff!