Do you spend months planning your children’s Halloween costumes or are you a ‘last minute’ mom who finds creativity in the face of last minute panic? I’d like to say I’m the former, but I think I’d have to confess to being the latter! This year I thought I’d get my research done early, but I’ve found so many amazing easy homemade Halloween costumes for kids I can’t quite decide which ones to make.
Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Clark Kent – I love this inspiration for a Clark Kent costume for a little boy who loves to play Superman.
- How to make a Halloween tutu – If you’re wondering how to make a Halloween tutu then this is the post for you. I love that you can use it to turn your little girl into a super cute witch, a candy corn or even a pumpkin!
- Easy bat wings – Bats are perfect for Halloween costumes and this tutorial will show you how to make a super cute set of wings for your little bat.
- No-sew shark Halloween costume – If you don’t like sewing then this is the perfect Halloween costume choice, an adorable shark outfit made from a sweat suit and some felt, oh and a glue gun.
- Little Red Riding Hood cloak – This cloak is so beautiful I might have to dress Miss E up as Little Red this year.
- Minnie Mouse dress – I love all things Disney but I hate the commercial costumes and dresses.I’m always on the look out for homemade ideas instead and how adorable is this Minnie Mouse tulle dress?
- Tangled Rapunzel Halloween costume – And here is a gorgeous homemade Tangled dress, perfect for Halloween or a trip to Disney World!
- Dinosaur hoodie – Here’s another great idea if you don’t have a lot of spare time to make a costume. And I love how you can make a cute boy, girl set which is just perfect for brothers and sisters… and twins!
- Ladybug wings – And here are the most adorable set of ladybug wings that really don’t look that difficult to make. Your little one could wear these all year round for dress up!
- Ballerina tutu – If your little girl (or boy) wants to dress up as a ballerina this Halloween then don’t miss this tutorial. I love how there is just a little extra something on the tutu.
- Princess Merida costume – Do you have a fan of Brave in your house? This Princess Merida costume is full of details, right down to the quiver belt, and looks simple to put together too.
- Easy fairy costume – Oh my goodness, this has to be the most amazing fairy costume I have ever seen. And it’s made by a ‘last minute’ mom too so it’s really not the difficult. You could so easily turn this into a Tinkerbell costume just by using green fabrics.
- Sleeping Beauty dress – Princess costumes have this thing that they all look so same-y right? Not this one. You know that wonderful scene from Sleeping Beauty where Aurora can’t decide whether she wants her dress to be pink or blue? That’s the inspiration behind this amazing costume!
- DIY Little Mermaid costume – Oh my goodness, just when I think I’ve picked out the perfect costume I find another one that’s just as adorable. Like this Little Mermaid.
- Angel Halloween costume – This Lil’ Angel costume is simply beautiful.
- Kitty cat costume – Oh and this kitty cat costume is a lovely break from the usual black witches cat.
- Black cat costume – And see, now I’ve dissed black cat costumes I go and find this. Aww a tiny toddler would look so adorable in this tutu… like Miss E for example!
- Toothless dragon costume – And because we seem to be all tulle and tutus here is an adorable costume for a little boy. A dragon made from a sweatshirt.
- FROZEN Princess Anna costume – And because I’m sure your little people might want to dress up as Frozen characters this Halloween here’s my favourite Princess Anna costume, that costs less than 20 bucks to make.
- FROZEN Queen Elsa costume – And of course here’s a Queen Elsa dress too.
- FROZEN Olaf costume – And then we’ll finish the Frozen ensemble with an Olaf, which is of course made out of a sweatshirt, as all of the best boy costumes seem to be!
Well I think I’ve settled on the black cat with the tutu for Miss E and then the toothless dragon for Master J. But I might think about it for a day or two more in case I change my mind!
~Clare – currently pinning to Spooky Halloween Fun and Recipes.