This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Zazzle Affiliate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dip
If you’re looking for a summer pot luck dessert idea you really can’t go wrong with a nice fresh fruit salad. Especially one that’s paired with a delicious honey-yogurt dip.
The standout “star” of this particular fruit salad is the Cotton Candy grapes, which are super sweet with a very distinctive flavour.
Oh and make sure you don’t add the strawberries to your salad until the very last moment because otherwise the lighter coloured fruits will absorb their red colouring!
- Yogurt Dip:
- 1 c. plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 T. honey
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- Fruit Salad:
- 1 c. seedless green grapes,* washed and halved
- 1 c. fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ c. fresh pineapple juice
- Zest of 1 organic lime**
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh mint, finely chopped
- Optional: 1 T. honey
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 2 large fresh kiwi, peeled, halved, and sliced
- *If possible, use Cotton Candy® green grapes
- **zest lime before juicing
- Prepare yogurt dip by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble fruit salad, combine prepared grapes, pineapple, and mango in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl.
- Add pineapple juice, lime zest and juice, and mint to bowl and toss to combine.
- For additional sweetness, drizzle mixture with honey and gently stir to combine, if desired.
- Chill fruit mixture in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Place prepared strawberries in a separate container to chill at the same time.
- Once chilled, remove fruit salad and strawberries from refrigerator and add strawberries and freshly sliced kiwi to the bowl.
- Gently stir to combine and serve immediately with honey-yogurt dip.
For the best presentation, do not add the strawberries to the salad until right before serving. Otherwise, the lighter-colored fruits will absorb their bright red color. To prevent browning, slice and add kiwi to the bowl right before serving, as well.
Cotton Candy® grapes are not a genetically modified food. Instead, their wonderful taste is the result of selective natural cross-breeding practices conducted over many years.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.