This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce
Did you know you can make baby back ribs in your Instant Pot? Oh yes, that kitchen appliance will never cease to amaze you!
And of course it’s a given that they’ll be quick and easy to make, but the best bit about these Instant Pot baby back ribs is that they are so tender and delicious! As in you’ll want to make more than enough because everyone will want seconds delicious!
The cinnamon and rosemary in the dry rub goes so well with the flavours in this savoury Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce.
Of course the flavours will pair well with just about any barbecue sauce, so if you don’t have time to make one from scratch and let it sit for a couple of days you could pick some up at the store.
Here’s a tip for you: place the ribs under a hot broiler after you’ve cooked them in the Instant Pot for a mouth-watering, caramelized crust that’s out of this world!
- Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Other Ingredients:
- 2½ - 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- 1 c. beef stock (or water)
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce (or BBQ sauce of choice)
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions.
- Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
What should you eat with ribs?
If you’re wondering what sides you should pair with these delicious baby back ribs how about:
- Mac n Cheese
- Baked Cheese Grits