DISCLOSURE: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that will add value for my readers.
Savory Butternut Squash Noodles
Just because you’ve decided to eat low carb doesn’t mean you have to skip pre-packaged convenience foods altogether.
Did you know you can now buy pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles” in most larger grocery stores?
They are absolutely perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly!
Add some freshly chopped sage and ground cinnamon to make these Savory Butternut Squash Noodles which is a really quick and easy but very tasty dish.
It’s perfect as a side or even a light entree.
Don’t worry if your local grocery store doesn’t carry the pre-packaged noodles though, because it’s actually super easy to make your own with one of these!
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles”
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly.
- When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add butter to pan and heat until melted.
- Stir in chopped sage and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage butter mixture.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.