This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something.
Savory Flourless Crepes
Yesterday we shared a gluten free recipe showing you how to make sweet flourless crepes that you could enjoy as a delicious dessert.
These crepes are so versatile that by simply tweaking the batter recipe you can make delicious savory flourless crepes too!
These pancakes are the perfect way to use up yesterday’s leftovers.
You can wrap a crepe around grilled steak, roasted chicken, with your favorite cheese and top with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, or roasted veggies for a quick and delicious lunch.
In this recipe we made a filling with goat’s cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Batter Ingredients:
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T. half and half
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz. white mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 T. sliced green onion, green part only
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine eggs, half and half, and olive oil in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- If desired, season batter with add salt, black pepper, garlic salt, and/or dried herbs.
- Lightly spray a 10” non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. (You may want to adjust heat up slightly to just below medium).
- Pour ¼ cup of egg batter into pre-heated skillet and swirl pan to evenly coat the bottom with a thin layer. If any holes appear, add a little more batter to fill.
- Cover pan and cook until egg batter begins to set, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Once set, gently loosen the edges with a silicon spatula and flip the crepe, being careful to not break or tear it in the process.
- Cook for one minute more and remove crepe from pan.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place desired filling ingredients in the center of each crepe and fold over both sides to cover.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Recipe Ideas Here