This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something.
Instant Pot Blueberry Maple Compote
Traditional compote recipes are packed full of white sugar, but today we’re sharing a much healthier version that still tastes delicious and you can make it in your electric pressure cooker!
The secret to this low-sugar Instant Pot Blueberry Maple Compote is a modest amount of Maple Syrup!
You’re going to need to make more than one batch of this compote because it tastes heavenly with ice cream, yogurt, waffles, French Toast, pancakes and oatmeal.
Yup you’re going to be enjoying this for breakfast and dessert all summer long!
Oh and once you’ve made it a couple of times why not having a go at making your own delicious low-sugar compote by mixing together your choice of fresh berries, citrus juice and seasonings.
If that’s not a fun way to get kids interested in cooking I don’t know what is!
- 3 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ c. real maple syrup
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot container and stir to combine. Add the lid and lock into position.
- Set the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button. Adjust the setting to high and select 3 minutes for the cook time. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure at this point.
- When the cook time has finished, turn the Instant Pot off to prevent scorching. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure by carefully moving the valve to the “Venting” position.
- Optional: To thicken the compote, select the “Sauté” function and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until excess liquid is reduced. Turn the Instant Pot off and immediately remove container from the unit to cool.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- Serve over ice cream, yogurt, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, pound cake, cheesecake, or rice pudding with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Although this recipe uses fresh blueberries, lemon juice, and cinnamon, feel free to add any combination of fresh berries, citrus juice, and seasonings to create your own tasty flavour variations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Recipe Ideas Here