This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowls
If you’re looking for a low sugar, gluten-free breakfast to get everyone’s day off to a great start you cannot go wrong with these Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Breakfast Bowls .
The Instant Pot takes the effort out of cooking the oats to perfection, and your kids will have a blast “decorating” their breakfast bowls with yummy fruits.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 c. steel cut oats
- 3¼ c. water
- 2 c. Greek or coconut yogurt
- 1½ T. chia seeds
- 1 T. real maple syrup, plus additional for serving
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 1 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Spray the Instant Pot cooking container with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add steel cut oats and water and stir to combine. Cover with lid and lock into position, then flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual” button and select the high heat setting. Set cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- While the oats cook, combine yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- When cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and stir the contents to combine.
- Transfer the cooked oats to individual serving bowls. Heap the oats a little higher on one side of the bowl and spoon the yogurt mixture onto the other half.
- Arrange the strawberries and blueberries between the two halves for a nice presentation.
- Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
Tip: To save time in the morning, prepare the yogurt mixture the night before and use blueberries and raspberries to reduce prep time.