This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Loaded Chilled Instant Pot Cauliflower-Leek Soup
This delicious chilled Instant Pot Cauliflower Leek soup is the perfect dish for those warm summer evenings when you can’t imagine standing over a hot stove.
It’s a versatile dish that is perfect for your family meal plan because you can serve it topped with bacon and cheddar cheese. Or switch things up and try sprinkling it with colourful edible flowers instead!
We know that the distinctive tangy flavour of goat cheese isn’t for everyone’s taste buds so feel free to use ricotta, mascarpone, or additional cream cheese in its place.
- 3 large leeks, sliced white part only
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small chunks 3-4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 c. chicken broth, divided
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. goat cheese 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Optional toppings:
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Edible flowers
- Add leeks, cauliflower, garlic, chicken broth, and cinnamon to Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 9 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When finished cooking, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid. Add goat cheese, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar to the container and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Blend mixture with immersion blender until smooth (or transfer to blender or food processor if you don’t have an immersion blender). Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer soup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until chilled.
- To serve, transfer to individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, green onions, grated cheddar cheese, or edible flowers, if desired. Enjoy!
Tip: If you don’t care for the distinctive tangy flavour of goat cheese, try substituting ricotta, mascarpone, or additional cream cheese in its place.