This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. As an Etsy and Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Thai Chicken Thighs
Today we’re sharing a recipe for delicious Instant Pot Thai chicken thighs which are perfect for dinner.
And as a bonus any leftovers can be shredded to make healthy and delicious wraps for lunch the next day!
One really important part in this recipe is to add enough liquid to the peanut sauce prior to cooking, because if the sauce is too thick, the Instant Pot might not be able to reach adequate pressure.
So, if you decide to add more peanut butter, be sure to adjust the amount of liquid, as well.
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. sugar-free peanut butter
- ¼ c. gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. honey, preferably local
- 1½ T. Sriracha sauce
- 2 t. fresh ginger
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ c. roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, cut into thin slices
- Add sesame oil to Instant Pot and set the “Sauté” setting to high. Working in batches, if necessary, brown the chicken thighs, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat this process with remaining thighs. Remove and set aside on a platter.
- Pour chicken broth into hot container and gently scrape up brown bits from bottom. Add peanut butter to the hot liquid and stir until completed melted. Add soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add metal rack to the Instant Pot and place the browned chicken thighs on top.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When finished, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid when finished and transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Optional: To thicken sauce, select the “Sauté” setting and heat, stirring continually, until the excess liquid is reduced and the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Turn Instant Pot off and return the chicken thighs and the juices that accumulated on the platter to the sauce and turn to coat.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a serving tray. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, and green onions, if desired. Serve immediately with extra peanut sauce and your favorite sides.
Tip: To get the nice browning effect shown in the photo transfer the chicken thighs to a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminium foil after cooking.
Brush each side generously with the peanut sauce and place under a broiler set to high for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.