DISCLOSURE: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that will add value for my readers.
When we saw these repurposed mirror makeovers we knew we had to share them – they’re the perfect way to take a flea market find and turn it into something stunning for your home on a budget!
Mirror Makeover Ideas
Whether you have a sad frameless mirror that needs making beautiful, or a thrifted monstrosity that needs a new lease of life you are going to LOVE these mirror makeover ideas!
And if you love repurposing old household items be sure to check out our popular collection of Flea Market Makeovers!
34. Add a tassel for a touch of glamour
Found it here >> The Gathered Home
This glamorous mirror was inspired by New York designer Miles Redd, and you would never guess it’s an Ikea hack!
33. Use crystals to decorate your mirror frame
Found it here >> Design Love Fest
This mirror makeover is BEAUTIFUL. You can use your favourite crystals or mix and match to compliment your decor.
32. Make a Moroccan style mirror
Found it here >> Hometalk
These GORGEOUS Moroccan-inspired mirrors cost less than two dollars each!
31. Add hidden jewellery storage to your mirror
Found it here >> Simply Designing
What a brilliant idea! If you need space for storing your jewelry take a look at this mirror hack with hidden storage behind it!
30. Make a gorgeous sunburst frame
Found it here >> Love of Family and Home
This sunburst frame will look stunning over your bed.
29. Use tiles to makeover your mirror frame
Found it here >> What’s Ur Home Story
Here’s a mirror makeover idea you’re going to love… use tiles to makeover a full length mirror.
28. Make fabulous mirror art for under $20
27. Use rope and starfish to make a nautical themed mirror
Found it here >> At the Picket Fence
This mirror makeover is perfect for a beach house or your bathroom.
26. Use chalk paint to makeover a frame
Found it here >> In My Own Style
Don’t turn down a thrift store bargain just because the mirror frame doesn’t match your decor, because you can use chalk paint to rectify that!
25. Use mirror tiles to makeover a bathroom mirror
24. Make an entryway mirror with handy storage
Found it here >> Tattoed Martha
If you have an entryway storage mirror then lucky you since you just need to paint it. But if not, look out for a nice rectangular frame and then use some wood offcuts (or an old dresser drawer) to make something similar yourself.
23. Gild a thrift store mirror frame
Found it here >> Making Lemonade
Give your vintage bamboo frame mirror a makeover with some gold liquid gilding paint.
22. Use an inlay stencil to make a mirror frame look beautiful
21. Make a gorgeous copper frame for your round mirror
Found it here >> A Bubbly Life
If you have a frameless mirror that’s just crying out for a frame give this copper tube makeover a go.
20. Use fresh flowers to make a mirror frame
Found it here >> Paper n Stitch
A mirror frame made with FRESH flowers might actually be a little bit high maintenance for everyday life, but if you’re a bride-to-be and thinking about your “getting ready” photos think how wonderful it would be to have some pictures taken in front of this mirror!
19. Make a standing mirror look gorgeous
Found it here >> Where the Smiles Have Been
Chalk paint is your BFF if you want to give a standing mirror frame a makeover.
18. Make a coiled rope frame
17. DIY a sunburst mirror
Found it here >> Little Green Notebook
You can make your own stunning sunburst mirror using wooden dowels and spray paint.
16. Make a funky triangular mirror
Found it here >> Almost Makes Perfect
This triangle mirror will be a talking point in your hallway.
15. Use vintage paint to makeover your mirror
Found it here >> Place of My Taste
You would never know that this mirror started out its life a boring mahogany colour!
14. Use an X-Acto knife and contact paper to make a gorgeous mirror
Found it here >> A Beautiful Mess
If you saw this mirror in a store it would be super expensive, but you can make one at home with a simple X-Acto knife, some contact paper and a lot of patience.
13. Frame a bathroom mirror for under $30
12. Add some storage space to a standing mirror
Found it here >> The Merry Thought
This floor mirror is GORGEOUS and includes some handy storage shelves that would be great for storing makeup or just displaying favourite photos.
11. Use a chopping board to make a hanging mirror
Found it here >> Sugar and Cloth
This is such a genius way to turn a circular frameless mirror into something gorgeous, using a chopping board!
10. Use Mod Podge to makeover an IKEA mirror
9. Use spray paint to makeover the frame
Found it here >> The Frugal Homemaker
Use a can of spray paint to recolour your frame, and then do some light sanding for an antique look.
8. Add contact paper triangles to the mirror frame
Found it here >> I Spy DIY
This is going to be a true labour of love, especially if you want to make sure the triangles are all straight, but it will be worth it in the end!
7. Add some pizazz with gold paint
6. Makeover a mirror by trimming the frame
Found it here >> U Create Crafts
If you’ve inherited a dresser with a mirror that feels a little bit too country for you don’t worry, you can trim the mirror frame and paint the unit.
5. Use chalk paint to makeover your frame
Found it here >> Sincerely Sara D
If you love chalk paint projects then this one is for you, because with a little bit of care you can use chalk paint to give a mirror a fabulous makeover.
4. Use vinyl to give your mirror a new lease of life
Found it here >> Landeelu
This vinyl mirror looks GORGEOUS and you could choose any design to match your decor.
3. Paint the frame to match your decor
2. Put your favourite quote on it
Found it here >> Studio DIY
If you have a Cricut machine this mirror makeover is for you, use your machine to make your favourite quote to decorate your mirror.
1. Make your own Trumeau mirror
Found it here >> Maison Deux
It’s surprisingly simple to make your own DIY trumeau mirror and the end result is simply stunning.